The Earth Partners is hiring!
Public Finance Manager
The Earth Partners is looking for a highly motivated, full-time Public Finance Manager to support our business development function. Because TEP generally works on the leading edge of new markets, in order to catalyze large-scale private investment, we often need to de-risk our innovative land restoration projects by blending public, philanthropic, and private capital sources. We’re a virtual team, so this position is remote and you can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Work with TEP’s business development, technical, and finance teams to identify risks that can be mitigated with public and philanthropic capital
- Identify federal, state, and philanthropic capital sources appropriate for de-risking TEP projects and build relationships with potential funding providers
- Lead the writing and submission of grant applications to public agencies and foundations
- Thoroughly understand the parameters of public and philanthropic funding programs and coordinate with multiple stakeholders to craft the most appropriate and compelling proposals
- Track relevant RFP opportunities and manage the proposal writing and submission process
Skills Needed to Meet the Above Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated experience in applying for and receiving funding from public agencies and/or foundations, preferably from federal and state natural resource management agencies
- Superior written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong research and budget development skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong attention to detail in grant application review, proposal writing, and grant reporting
- Ability to work independently and under deadlines
- A passion for natural resources conservation preferred
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com with answers to the questions below. Note that you do not need to submit an accompanying cover letter.
- Why are you interested in working for The Earth Partners and why are you interested in this position?
- What inspires you? How do you cultivate your passions?
- What unique skills/strengths would you bring to this role that would set you apart from other candidates?
- What responsibility or skill listed in the job description will be the most challenging or biggest stretch for you? What skills/experience will you leverage to bridge that gap?
- Which of our Core Values (below) resonates with you most? Why?
- Be inspired by nature and maintain passion for the protection and restoration of natural systems
- Embody entrepreneurialism through creativity, risk tolerance, self-motivation, and constant curiosity
- Be generous to others by listening deeply, exhibiting empathy, communicating openly, and understanding differences
- Value growth in both our business and in ourselves and strive to continuously raise the bar
- Foster a culture that appreciates a multitude of skill sets and backgrounds that are aligned to achieve the larger purpose of our work