The Earth Partners is hiring!
Environmental Markets Analyst
The Earth Partners is looking for a highly motivated, full-time Environmental Markets Analyst to support our business development and sales functions. You will be an instrumental member of our team, supporting revenue generation and the growth of the business, by developing financial models, collecting & analyzing data, and communicating results to management & capital partners to further the company’s land restoration-focused mission. We’re a virtual team, so this position is remote and you can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Analyze data from internet & interview-based research and publicly available datasets
- Create financial models that incorporate multiple scenarios, sensitivity analyses, and transaction structures
- Track funding opportunities for land restoration projects, including requests for proposals, environmental impact statements, capital improvement plans, etc.
- Synthesize and distill results in various formats, including spreadsheets, memoranda, and oral presentations
- Provide support for tasks associated with the management and sales of mitigation assets
Skills Needed to Meet the Above Responsibilities:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- 3+ years’ experience conducting data driven research and financial modeling
- Ability to succinctly communicate the results of analytical work in a way that a variety of audiences can understand
- Strong attention to detail in both research and in reporting results
- Ability to effectively prioritize work across multiple projects
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in carrying out assignments within established guidelines
- Passion for natural resources conservation
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the questions below. Note that you do not need to submit an accompanying cover letter.
- Why are you interested in working for The Earth Partners and why are you interested in this position?
- What inspires you? How do you cultivate your passions?
- What unique skills/strengths would you bring to this role that would set you apart from other candidates?
- What responsibility or skill listed in the job description will be the most challenging or biggest stretch for you? What skills/experience will you leverage to bridge that gap?
- Do you have examples of analytical models and/or financial pro formas that you have developed?
- Which of our Core Values (below) resonates with you most? Why?
- Be inspired by nature and maintain passion for the protection and restoration of natural systems
- Embody entrepreneurialism through creativity, risk tolerance, self-motivation, and constant curiosity
- Be generous to others by listening deeply, exhibiting empathy, communicating openly, and understanding differences
- Value growth in both our business and in ourselves and strive to continuously raise the bar
- Foster a culture that appreciates a multitude of skill sets and backgrounds that are aligned to achieve the larger purpose of our work